Saturday 5 August 2017

M4 Chapter 6 Drawn Thread Work Stitchery

I was struggling with the stitchery using the fine linen scrim but found it easier when I changed the fabric. I used a variety of threads, yarns and ribbons which I had in my stash.

6.1 These took quite some time. I enjoyed the weaving more than the stitch, although I think with practice I will become more proficient at the stitch.

6.2 I enjoyed these sample far more. I found the diagonal stitch more enjoyable and tried to make a sample using different stitches and threads (top). Using machine zig zag stitch made a firmer bas to work into and using the withdrawn threads to weave and knot gave a good effect (bottom left). I enjoyed making the tucks, although a larger width between would have given a larger piece (bottom right)

6.3 I also enjoyed the machine stitch in both directions. I tried to achieve some colour change using different colour threads and bobbins (top). Developing these ideas I had quite a nice piece to reuse. I used a variety of techniques, threads and hand and machine stitch. I will revisit this to develop some more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment