Tuesday 7 June 2016

M3 Chapter 9 - A Resolved Sample Revisited & Framed

After some discussion and suggestions from Sian I decided to take the last sample layer back, so I removed all of the buttons and spirals. It was all too 'busy'. Then I added some spiral back.

 
 
I pinned them in place first to check I was happy with the design. For the framing my husband made a wooden frame and I added some mount board to one side before using strings to hold the work in place. This was quite tricky because of the 3D part of the work. Eventually the frame could have been just slightly smaller or I could have had a wider background to wrap around the sides. This did work quite well though and I will use this method again.
 
 
 
 

The final work:




Reflecting on this sample I'm pleased with the final work and glad I took time to re-work the final layer. I could have made a second sample which I would probably do if I were working on a larger piece of work or a series of works.

No comments:

Post a Comment